Sunday, April 12, 2009

10-Year Anniversary Of Jolene Riendeau's Disappearance

Jolene Riendeau disappeared on April 12, 1999. She would be 20-years-old today.

From CTV:

Today marks the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Jolene Riendeau.

Riendeau was 10-years-old when she vanished from Point St. Charles, after leaving a depanneur on April 12, 1999.

In an interview with CTV Montreal's Anne Lewis, Riendeau's mother said she believes Jolene is still alive.

"I'd just like to cuddle her," said Dolores Soucy. "I'm just tired of having that emptiness inside me. There's an empty black hole that I'd just like to cover up."

Riendeau had run away from home before, but her mother believes her last disappearance was an abduction.

"Who was selfish enough -- and I call that a beast -- that took my child away?" Soucy asked.

Hundreds of tips

Read more ....

No comments: