Saturday, September 26, 2009

Metallica Set Montreal Concert Attendance Record

From Chart Attack:

Metallica's two sold-out shows at Montreal's Bell Centre last Saturday and Sunday set a record for the highest paid attendance ever at the venue, Blabbermouth.net reports.

Metallica also decided to be charitable with $21,462 from their two shows going to community services organization Sun Youth, according to the Montreal Gazette.

"It's a beautiful gift," Sun Youth co-founder Sid Stevens told the newspaper.

"People sometimes look at groups of this nature in a derogatory or negative manner. But it's very interesting to see them donate in every city they visit."

Read more ....

My Comment: Saw them when they opened for the Guns And Roses concert in Olympic Statdium (yes .... I was there at the riot). I find their music is way too loud for me.

1 comment:

TaylorSwift said...

I’ve seen Metallica many times and loved every single second of the concert! They are my favourite heavy metal band!!! This weekend I’m going to attend metallica Metallica concert with my sister I just compared tickets prices at Ticketwood.com

http://www.ticketwood.com/metallica/

Can’t wait to be there!!!