Saturday, April 4, 2009

Some Restaurants In Montreal


Some Home Truths About Montreal's Finest Fare -- The Toronto Star

Montreal–That sound you hear is me girding my loins. I am preparing myself for the onslaught of letters this column is going to trigger. I am about to venture into very dangerous territory. I am about to discuss Montreal restaurants.

Being somewhat foolhardy, they won't just be any Montreal restaurants. They will be the places where we Montrealers eat. Sure, we may bring out-of-town guests to Schwartz's, Beauty's and Moishes. But there is a whole other category of places Montrealers (or to be precise, mostly `anglo' and `allo' Montrealers) really go.

The cuisine may not be the best, but these are the physical equivalents of comfort food – they're cheap, plentiful and they taste like home. The list is incredibly subjective and led to heated debate even within my own family. But hey, this is my list, so here we go:

Read more ....

No comments: