Saturday, September 5, 2009

STM Bus Driver Refuses To Speak English, Calls Police

Passengers board the No. 66 bus on Walkley Ave., near Côte St. Luc Rd., in Montreal on Sept. 4, 2009. Photograph by: Robert J. Galbraith, The Gazette

From The Montreal Gazette:

Passengers kicked off bus after man asks driver for time – in English.

MONTREAL – At least now he knows how to say "Quelle heure est-il?"

Muhammad Ahmad Munir, a master's student from Pakistan studying at McGill University, was kicked off the No. 66 bus at 6:45 Friday morning after he asked the driver what the time was in English.

"I got on the bus and I didn't have a watch, so I asked the driver for the time," he said. "She started talking in French and I didn't understand what she was saying."

Read more ....

My Comment: If the bus driver was English, and he did the same thing to a French passenger .... we would not be hearing the end of it.

No comments: