Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pilot Praised After Montreal Helicopter Crash

The TVA traffic helicopter went down around 7:30 a.m. ET Wednesday near the Bonaventure Expressway. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)

From The CBC:

The pilot of a Quebec news helicopter that crashed Wednesday morning in Montreal at the peak of rush hour is being hailed for his skill in preventing a worse outcome.

"I think they are both lucky and I think our pilot did a marvelous job," Serge Fortin TVA vice-president told reporters at a news conference. "I think just landing the chopper this morning … having both guys coming out alive, I think it's a miracle.

"It was great piloting, If I can say that. I'm not an expert, but from what I've been hearing, it was pretty amazing what he did."

Read more ....

More News On Today's Helicopter Crash

Doctor praises helicopter pilot’s sang froid -- Montreal Gazette
Chopper crash leaves news team in shock -- CTV
Helicopter crashes in Montreal -- Globe And Mail
Two injured in Montreal helicopter emergency -- Canada.com
TV traffic helicopter crashes near Montreal highway, injuring two -- Canadian Press

No comments: