Friday, May 29, 2009

New Border Rules Coming Into Effect June 1

As of June 1, Canadians need a valid passport to travel to the U.S. by land, air or sea.

From CTV News:

Starting Monday, Canadians will need passports, or other specialized I.D., to enter the United States by land, sea or air.

Previously, such documents were only required for U.S. air travel.

The tighter border rules are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI).

Under the WHTI, all Canadians aged 16 and up who don't have passports will need to show an enhanced driver's licence (EDL), or another WHTI-compliant document to travel to the U.S.

Canadian travellers aged 15 and under may enter the U.S. by showing proof of Canadian citizenship, by using a birth certificate or citizenship card.

Read more ....

No comments: