Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Guns N' Roses In Montreal, January 27, 2010

Alx Rose will bring Guns N' Roses back to Canada whether we're ready or not. Photograph by: Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images, National Post

Is Montreal Ready To Welcome Guns N’ Roses Back To The Jungle? -- Montreal Gazette

Tour announcement brings back memories of 1992

“Thank you, your money will be refunded.”

These were the parting words from Axl Rose to a crowd of 53,000 Guns N’ Roses fans at Montreal’s Olympic Stadium on Aug. 8, 1992, delivered right before leaving the stage.

As the evening’s co-headliners, Metallica had been forced to cut their performance short after singer James Hetfield was rushed to a hospital following a pyrotechnics accident; the crowd had been hoping that Guns N’ Roses would salvage the night. With a set cut short at 55 minutes, Rose’s performance didn’t cut it.

Read more ....

My Comment: Yup .... I was at the Big O that day .... an event that I will never forget. Will I go to this new concert .... it depends on my friend who was with me the last time. If she wants to go .... I will be ready to rock.

No comments: