Saturday, October 10, 2009

Montrealers React To Obama's Nobel Prize

U.S. President Barack Obama speaks about winning the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, Friday, Oct. 9, 2009. (AP / Charles Dharapak)

From CTV:

Montrealers are divided about the news that U.S. president Barack Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on the Middle East peace process.

From people on the street to political analysts, many thought it was premature.

"I thought it was almost like an April Fool's joke," said U.S. tax lawyer Chuck Murphy.

Read more ....

My Comment: When I first heard the news I laughed .... I found it to be ridiculous to award such a prize to someone who has accomplished nothing. It also denigrates past Nobel Laureates and the work that they have done.

No comments: