Monday, November 30, 2009

Als Fans Thrilled With Grey Cup victory

Montreal Alouettes fans at a downtown bar jump to their feet after the Als defeat the Saskatchewan Roughriders 28-27 on Sunday, November 29, 2009.

From CTV News:

It took seven years, but on Sunday night, Montreal Alouettes fans finally got what they've been waiting for.

In what was one of the most dramatic final few seconds of a Grey Cup game, the Montreal Alouettes took advantage of a penalty called on the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and kicked a 33-yard field goal to secure a 28-27 victory in front of 46,000 spectators.

Read more ....

My Comment: I have a confession .... after the 3rd quarter I went to bed. I was sad and dejected that the Als had lost .... and I did not see the point of watching any further.

Words cannot describe how shocked I was to see the headlines this morning. I was bitter at myself for missing the rest of the game .... but (yes) pleasantly surprised at the same time.

No comments: