Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Restaurant Serre Picasso Closes

Serre Picasso, a popular NDG restaurant, has closed. (Feb. 11, 2009)

From CTV:

A popular NDG restaurant open since 1979 has shut its doors.

Last Friday some employees arrived to find they could not start their shifts a Serre Picasso, a 24-hour greasy spoon.

"So I came into work and the door was locked. I didn't get my pay, I didn't get an explanation, I didn't even get my shoes," said Richard Malouf, a cook at the restaurant commonly known as Picasso's

Some of the 90 full-time employees have not been paid in two and a half weeks.

Hungry potential customers arriving Wednesday morning were surprised to find the restaurant shut. Recently, they were cooking up to 40,000 eggs a week.

Read more ....

My Comment: In my younger foolish days, I use to go to the Amazon strip bar next door with my buddies, and after a few beers we always went to have a snack at Picassos. As I grew older, I always brought my girlfriend for brunch or a late night snack.

I now rarely go to a restaurant, let alone Picassos .... but it is always sad to see a landmark close down.

No comments: