Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quebec Aims To Cut Roadkill Of Large Animals


From The CBC:

Transport Quebec is trying to reduce the 6,000 or so collisions each year between vehicles and large animals, such as bears, moose and deer, on the province's highways.

Shannon, Que., resident Fred Bissonette says he'll never forget his close encounter with a moose one night while driving home from work in the town about 30 kilometres northwest of Quebec City.

"I saw this big thing, walking towards me," he said.

"I had to slam the brakes, because he was literally on the yellow line." Bissonette was lucky, but Transport Quebec says each year there are thousands of drivers who do hit animals.

Read more ....

My Comment: I had the misfortune of striking a deer about 10 years ago .... not a pleasant experience.

No comments: