Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Venture Capital Activity Slows In Quebec



From The Montreal Gazette:

MONTREAL - Quebec's venture capital activity slowed in the second quarter. Reseau Capital said Tuesday that based on Thomson Reuters data about $60 million of venture capital was invested in Quebec companies, down 18 per cent from a year earlier. That was 34 per cent of the total top-risk capital invested across Canada in the June quarter.

The funds were invested in 43 Quebec companies, an increase of 26 per cent year-to-year. The average amount invested was $1.4 million, down from $3.6 million in the first quarter this year and down from $2.2 million a year earlier.

Read more ....

My Comment: I have been fortunate enough to have done business abroad. So when I look at the venture capital activity in this province .... I must confess that I am embarrassed.

$60 million dollars invested in one quarter .... you got to be kidding.

No comments: