Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Former Alouette Dave Mudge Adjusting To Life After Football

Als' Dave Mudge blocks defensive-end Rodney Hardeway during practice at the Olympic Stadium. Photograph by: John Mahoney, Gazette file photo

From The Montreal Gazette:

MONTREAL ­ Dave Mudge has already discovered the first difference between the media and professional football – when he played for the Alouettes, he never would arrive at Molson Stadium roughly 90 minutes before kickoff.

“I’m not too nervous,” Mudge said before his debut last night as the sideline reporter for the Montreal English-language radio station that broadcasts his former team’s games. “I’m definitely more relaxed than when I played. But the Toronto team has changed since we played them (in 2008). My biggest worry is I don’t know the players.”

Read more ....

No comments: